Puff Puff is a delicious Nigerian snack you can never get tired of and it is easy to make. Why not give it a try.
Here’s an easy recipe for you.
- Plain Flour
- yeast (the one used in baking bread)
- ground nutmeg
- granulated sugar
- pinches of salt
- Lukewarm water (for mixing)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- If you are using fresh yeast dissolve your yeast in lukewarm water
- Pour your plain flour in a bowl and add other dry ingredients like; nutmeg, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add water to mixture slowly till you get desired texture (Note: it should not be watery and have no lumps in it)
- Let the batter rise by covering the bowl with a clean dry cloth or aluminum foil for about 40 minutes.
- Heat up your oil in the frying pan and scoop the batter into your palm and drop into the oil by pressing the batter between your thumb and your index finger.
- Fry till both sides are golden brown then, transfer to sieve.
Serve with a chilled drink.