- Lupita Nyong’o is an award-winning Kenyan actress who has acted alongside Hollywood giants in movies that address heavy societal issues, from Twelve Years a Slave, down to the record-breaking Black Panther.
- We admire her representation of black excellence, effortlessly flaunting her skin colour as well as being a strong advocate of the African heritage. In 2017, she featured in the November issue of Grazia UK, but the image did not go down well with her, as she lashed at the magazine for airbrushing the picture, chopping off her ponytail and smoothing out her hair.
- She is a strong proponent of feminism and strongly believes that women have a pivotal role to play in the society and should not be put in the background.
- Her fashion sense stands her out at all times and has made seeing her at events something to look forward to.
- Lupita encourages fans to pursue their dreams, and this quote from her, “our dreams are valid”, has set many on the path to actualising all that they hope to be.
We love that she has a good sense of humour. We can all use a few laughs from time to time.
Image source: Instagram