Their appointment was in accordance with the provisions of Section 8(1) (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act 2007
The Nigerian parliament has confirmed the appointment of Aisha Ahmad and Edward Adamu as deputy governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The senators on Thursday, March 22, 2018, also confirmed nominations into the Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria. They are Professor Adeola Festus Adenikinju; Dr Aliyu Rafindadi Sanusi; and Dr Robert Chikwendu Asogwa while Dr Asheikh Maidugu, was rejected.
While Adamu was nominated on January 1, 2018, Aisha had been nominated to replace Sarah Alade since October 5, 2017, by President Muhammadu Buhari in accordance with the provisions of Section 8(1) (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act 2007.
Here are few important things to know about Aisha Ahmad
1. Aisha Ahmad is an Accountant, financial manager and analyst by profession who was appointed to replace the retired Sarah Alade
2. Aishah was born in Niger State, in northern Nigeria on 26 October 1976
3. Prior to her appointment, Aisha was the Executive Director, Retail Banking at Diamond Bank.
4. She joined Diamond Bank in June 2014 as a Deputy General Manager and the Head, Retail Financial Services Division, overseeing Privilege Banking, Consumer Banking Group, Retail Assets, Cards and Customer Engagement & Insight.
5. Aishah had also worked with Stanbic IBTC Holdings where she served in various capacities as Head, High Net-worth Individuals; Head, Private Client Services and Deputy Head, Private Client Services between 2009 – 2014.
6. Other companies where she had worked include Zenith Capital Limited as Head, Business Development, Bank of New York Mellon (UK), Synesix Financial Limited (UK), Zenith Bank Plc as Head, Retail Banking Unit, and NAL Bank Plc as Head, Private Banking.
7. She also worked with First Interstate Bank Plc as Executive Assistant, Treasury Group, Manstructs Group Nigeria Limited as Group Accountant and Z. O. Ososanya & Co.
8. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Abuja, an MBA (Finance) from the University of Lagos and an M.Sc. Finance and Management from the Cranfield School of Management (UK).
9. She is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) and she holds the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
10. Aishah Ahmad is married to Abdallah A. Ahmad, a retired Brigadier General of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is a mother of two children
Here are few important things to know about Edward Adamu
1. Edward Lametek Adamu is a Nigerian quantity surveyor, consultant and leadership strategist, nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari to replace Suleiman Barau, who retired in December 2017.
2. Prior to his appointment, he served as the Director of Human Resources at the Nigerian central bank, since 2016.
3. He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
4. He was first employed at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in 1992. In 2012, he was appointed Director of the Strategy Management Department at the central bank.
5. During his years at the Apex bank, he served in many roles and in many departments at CBN, including Knowledge Management, Records Management, Strategic Alliance and Price Intelligence. He also served as the head of the Projects Planning & Implementation Division.
6. Adamu was born on June 22, 1959 in Kaltungo, Gombe State.
7. He studied at the Ahmadu Bello University, in Zaria, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying.
8. He also holds postgraduate professional qualifications from other institutions of higher learning, including the Institute of Credit Administration of Nigeria, the Wharton School, INSEAD, Booth School of Business and IMD Switzerland.