US President Donald Trump has insisted that payments to two women who say he had affairs with them did not break election campaign rules.
It comes after his ex-lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to violating laws during the 2016 presidential election over his handling of the hush money.
Interviewed by Fox & Friends, Mr Trump said the payments had come from him personally, not from the campaign.
In an excerpt from the Fox & Friends interview, which will be aired in full on Thursday, Mr Trump responded to questions about the hush payments by insisting that they were “not a campaign violation”.
“They came from me,” he said. “And I tweeted about it. But they did not come out of the campaign.”
He added that he had only found out about the payments “later on”, although Cohen under oath stated earlier that the president had instructed him to make the payments.