In September, FIFA handed out it’s ‘The Best’ prize for the men’s best footballer, awarding it to Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric.
But since 1956, the biggest individual prize has always been the Ballon d’Or.
Dominated in the last decade by Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo – the duo winning all 10 of the last awards – the Golden Ball is once more on offer in Paris on December 3.
The 30-man shortlist for the prize is announced throughout the day on Monday.
First won by Sir Stanley Matthews, the list is compiled by the editorial staff of the French publication France Football, with the winner voted for by journalists from around the world, with one representative per nation.
Here’s the full list of nominees…
- GARETH BALE (Real Madrid)
- SERGIO AGUERO (Manchester City)
- ALISSON BECKER (Liverpool)
- KARIM BENZEMA (Real Madrid)
- EDINSON CAVANI (Paris Saint-Germain)
- THIBAUT COURTOIS (Real Madrid)
- CRISTIANO RONALDO (Juventus)
- KEVIN DE BRUYNE (Manchester City)
- ROBERTO FIRMINO (Liverpool)
- DIEGO GODIN (Atletico Madrid)
Now over to you!
Who do you think is missing from this list? Put their names in the comments.