Nasir El-Rufai, Kaduna State governor, has announced that 130 people were killed in a recent spate of violence that ravaged several communities in Kajuru local government area of the state.

The governor had initially announced last week that 66 people were killed in several communities at Maro in Kajuru.

“I think this is deliberately designed to cause a reprisal and destabilise the local government during elections,” he said.

RELATED:   Fayose for President! See the new shocking details the Governor of Ekiti revealed

However, after a special security meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari and service chiefs at the Presidential Villa on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, the governor said the death toll has risen to 130.

“The latest report shows that over 130 were killed, not even 66,” he told State House correspondents after the meeting.

RELATED:   FG Urges Graduates To Explore Initiatives For Employment 

Governor Nasir El-Rufai on inspection tour of the graves of the victims killed recently in Kajuru

The governor said the names of the victims of the attack will be released to the media as provided by their bereaved families who have cooperated with the state government.

More suspects have been arrested by the Kaduna State Police Command in connection to the killings and will be charged to court soon.

RELATED:   Omotola Jalade Ekeinde celebrates husband's 50th birthday as they mark their 22nd anniversary together

“We intended prosecuting those arrested today but as we speak three more are arrested. We want to do the needful before taking them to court,” the state’s Commissioner of Police, Ahmad Abdulrahman, said on Tuesday.