March 20 marks the International Day of Happiness and this year’s theme is Happier Together. Happiness should, however, go beyond a day but should be a daily form of expression in our lives. Work life or toxic relationship experience can toil one’s garment to achieving a positive lifestyle.
In particular reference to Nigerians, we are noting five ways that can make you a happy person despite the challenges that might come your way. This article translates to your personal space, workplaces and your social space. A person’s future occurrences may not be planned.
- Choose to be positive: It is in your power to choose to stay happy or stay sad. It is not entirely surprising that one person’s act or negative words can becloud the kind words said by a good number of people, but the beautiful thing stands in your ability to stay happy. With the constant outburst of frustration and anger in the land, the one thing the country needs is that rare personality that will fill the room with ease.
- Focus on what makes you happy: Shift focus from what the thousands of things that make you sad and focus on the million things that make you happy. If you need to make that call, listen to that music, read a book, go to an event alone or eat that dreamy food, do all you can to make you happy. Understand that you can
- Measure your actions: Do a self-assessment on your journey of the different aspects of life ranging from social life, financial life, family life self-hygiene and so on. Be truthful to yourself, challenge yourself to do more and give yourself accolades if you meet a task.
- Make time for good relationships: Good relationships are those that benefit you, takes you to your world of joy and encourages you to progress in different spheres of life. If you feel choked up among so-called friends, it is a wise decision to talk things through and avoid negative vibes as fast as possible. When you got good friends, carve out quality time with them in your busy schedule. Relive the moments.
- Be faith charged: Though challenges may be inevitable to humanity, the attribute that will keep you happy is the faith you possess. A glimpse of faith is needed to take you to the place of possibilities. Know you can achieve it if you push on. Giving up should not be an option.