Education is a journey, it goes beyond the four walls of a formal setting, it speaks volume of the individual in question. In our age where self-education rules the world, it would be wise to tap into some of these courses.
But as they say, there is nothing free even in Freetown. The expense would be your time, dedication and good data. However, what you will learn will, in the long run, supersedes the resources you put up.
Here’s how to fully maximise these sites:
- Be Determined: Determination costs a meager fortune but mediocrity overturns positive results. The knowledge got from these international and local sites will create doors of opportunities for you.
- Inform a Friend: When you do, you have someone who can hold you accountable when you feel like relaxing. You can persuade your friend to join you in the learning process.
- Self-Examination: Remind yourself of what is at stake before you start and before you try to end it. For the courses you have learnt so far, push yourself and test if you have done a good job trying.
- Set a Dead Line: A dream is just a dream if a deadline is not set. Reward yourself if you meet your set KPIs and encourage yourself to do more if you don’t.
For free online education, these sites are a must to visit
3. Khan Academy
5. iTunesU Free Courses
6. MIT OpenCourseWare
7. Stanford Online
9. Open Culture Online Courses