How to Create Google Alerts and Monitor the internet.
Even as i write this post, a lot of Nigerians still don’t know how to create a Google Alert or worse, they don’t even know what a Google Alert is. Whether you’re searching for a Job, or you’re into online reputation management keeping tabs on a brand on the web, this is the absolute free tool for you.
You can get emails when new results for a topic show up in Google Search. For example, you can get info about news, products, or mentions of your name.
How to Create Google Alerts
- Go to Google Alerts.
- In the box at the top, enter a topic you want to follow.
- To change your settings, click Show options. You can change:
- How often you get notifications
- The types of sites you’ll see
- Your language
- The part of the world you want info from
- How many results you want to see
- What accounts get the alert
- Click Create Alert. You’ll get emails whenever we find matching search results.