Here are seven things you need to know about Superman prequel TV series, "Krypton."
After so many shows, books and movies about the legendary Superman and his hometown, Syfy and Warner Bros. are offering a more detailed look at the superhero’s grandfather, Seg-El.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Syfy TV series.
1. The series takes place on the titular planet, approximately 200 years before the birth of Kal-El / Superman.
2. “Krypton” opens with Superman’s great-great grandfather, Val-El tried for treason.
3. The series then follows Superman’s grandfather, Seg-El, who tries to redeem his family’s honor after they were ostracized and shamed.
4. Created by David S. Goyer and Damian Kindler, the series stars Cameron Cuffe, Georgina Campbell, Shaun Sipos, Elliot Cowan, Ann Ogbomo, Aaron Pierre, Rasmus Hardiker and Wallis Day.
5. On the show, British actor Blake Ritson plays the legendary DC villain and Justice League nemesis, Brainiac.
Originally created in 1958, Brainiac was introduced to DC Comics as a humanoid alien who messed with Superman on several occasions.
6. The series features some familiar characters which DC Comics fans can look forward to. They include Adam Strange and Hawkwoman, who travel back in time to stop villains like Doomsday and Brainiac from erasing Superman’s legacy.
7. “Krypton” premiered on March 21, 2018, and will consist of ten episodes.[