Nairaland is one of the most viewed websites in Nigeria. According to Alexa, it ranks as 10th in Nigeria. More than 3% of the Nigerian Internet users are on Nairaland in comparison to Facebook’s 11 million Nigerian users. Registration is only necessary for content posting.
In June 2013, figures published by Nairaland shows that they had 16,668,654 visits from 6,845,453 unique visitors and 60,031,356 page views in a month. While in January 2019, Nairaland recorded 19,865,408 visits from 9,251,361 unique visitors, with a sum of 260,881,761 page views
How to Post on Nairaland
Below are steps you can take to posting on Nairaland. Please note that new members cannot post immediately, they must have been active and participating for a while first
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Nairaland page
- Identify the topic you would like to initiate your discussion.
- Click on the topic and then the REPLY button.
In an event where you can’t find your preferred topic:
- Visit the home page
- Go to the category you want to post about e.g. “Business” or “Computer”
- Double Click on the NEW TOPIC button after reading the terms and conditions
How To Add An Image To Your Post on Nairaland
After replying to a particular post, see the ATTACH field and click ‘Browse’ that will trigger a pop-up opening the file “My Document” . Select the picture you wish to upload for display on the post.
How To Post Ads on Nairaland
Nairaland also operates a Targeted Ad Platform in which any Nairaland member can place adverts across all platforms of Nairaland where prospective consumers of the business are most likely to be found. For example, a fashion designer could place ads on the fashion section with it. Below are steps to placing ads on Nairaland.
- Get your banner.designed and ready
- Your ad banner must be borderless, 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, less than 30kb in size, and in the PNG or JPG format.
- Visit the link – www.nairaland.com/campaign and click on “Upload Ad” to upload your banner ad and landing page, and wait for the consent of the Nairaland team. (Your ad might be rejected if it’s misleading, illegal or morally questionable.
- After your ad is approved, the information will be provided on how to purchase advertising credits on the platform. This allows you to freely place your ads on any section of Nairaland – including the home page.
Some Nairaland Features You Probably Didn’t Know About
Being a registered member of Nairaland has its unique tingle and advantages that cant be benefited by a guest user. Some of the benefits you can miss out as a user includes
- Using the Signatures feature: The signature gives an insight into a particular Nairaland user. It confirms the credibility of such a user and you can trust any information produced by that user. Looking at the signature of some users can be highly informative.
- Feedbacks and Likes: If you find any content useful on Nairaland as a guest user, the feature of the “like” button doesn’t appear to show appreciation. As a registered user, you can click on like to show the content some love for releasing such content.
- Follow Feature: To easily identify contents you like from the numerous numbers of posts on Nairaland, all you need do is follow a particular topic and the system sieves out information related to that topic anytime you are on the site. This feature is only available to registered users.
- Mentions: One of the thrills of being a user of a forum is the mention feature attached to it. This allows other users to be aware of their existence. The mention feature is one great feature that shows you the importance of being a registered user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a topic or thread. You also get the chance of contributing to the forum by replying to comments or mentions in a particular topic or thread. The Reply feature gives the user a sense of relevance and you don’t want to miss out on contributing to a very informative and educative topic as a guest.
There are many other exciting features of being a registered user on the Nairaland site, But these are one of the most interesting ones on the forum.