Spectranet is one of the leading Internet services providers in Nigeria. The company was one of the ISPs to usher in 4G LTE Internet services to the country.
Spectranet offers a cheap, fast and reliable 4G LTE network to its users in key cities in Nigeria such as Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt and Ibadan. The company has a plan of expanding this coverage to other cities across the country.
If you are considering getting Spectranet as your ISP, keep on reading this article. We cover just about everything you’d need to know to make an informed choice better.
Spectranet Data Plans
Spectranet has unquestionably exciting data bundles at affordable rates. The price range is from N500 – N56,000 depending on how much data you’re looking for and time you’d want to browse. The data are in six categories which we’ll discuss below:
1. Unified Plans
This plan offers moderate data consumption at affordable prices. However, for each plan, your data is split. You get to use half of your data any time of the day and the other half during the night. For this, you may want to be mindful of how you use your plan.
|Unified Value||8GB||3,070||1 month||4GB Anytime data+4GB Night Bonus|
|Unified Value||10GB||3,580||1 month||5GB Anytime data+5GB Night Bonus|
|Unified Value||14GB||5,115||1 month||7GB Anytime data+7GB Night Bonus|
|Unified Value||24GB||6,149||1 month||12GB Anytime data+12GB Night Bonus|
|Unified Value||30GB||7,165||1 month||15GB Anytime data+15GB Night Bonus|
2. Mega Value Plans
The mega value plan gives you high data consumption for prices that are somewhat fair in comparison to other companies. Also, you get to enjoy unlimited night browsing.
|Mega Value||25GB||10,235||1 month||25GB Anytime Data+Free Unlimited Night Browsing|
|Mega Value||40GB||12,795||1 month||40GB Anytime Data+Free Unlimited Night Browsing|
|Mega Value||60GB||15,355||1 month||60GB Anytime Data+Free Unlimited Night Browsing|
3. Always on Plan
This plan is for heavy users. Enjoy unlimited browsing anytime with the Always-on plan. Note, once you pass a certain data cap, say 50GB, your speed reduces to 512kbps.
|Mega Value||50GB||13,305||1 month||Free Unlimited Night Browsing+**Always On @512 kbps speed post 50GB – Abuja only|
|Mega Value||100GB||18,425||1 month||**Always On @512 kbps speed post 100GB|
|Mega Value||100GB||19,960||1 month||**Free Unlimited Night Browsing**Always On @512 kbps speed post 100GB|
4. Night Plans
This plan is night users. Enjoy high-speed internet connection at a fair price from 7 pm – 7 am
|Night Plans||20GB||10,235||1 month||Night data (7 pm -7 am)|
|Night Plans||40GB||12,795||1 month||Night data (7 pm -7 am)|
5. Data Boosters-Top Ups
Do you just need some extra data without necessarily having to renew? Well, you can do just that! Top up your current plan with this bundle. You can top with as low as N500. It works for all plans.
|Data Boosters-Top Ups||1GB||500||As per the Base Plan|
|Data Boosters-Top Ups||2GB||1,000||As per the Base Plan|
|Data Boosters-Top Ups||5GB||2,500||As per the Base Plan|
6. Weekly Plan
The weekly plan goes for N4000, and you get 15GB worth of data to consume.
Now that you know about their data plans let’s look at how to subscribe.
If you want to carry out any action on spectranet, you do it onSpectranet self-care. This is a web portal that gives you online access to your account and information such as subscription, data balance. You also use this platform to subscribe for a spectranet. It’s an easy-to-use platform.
How To Login on Spectranet Portal and Change Password
IF you are an existing Spectranet user, click here. The link directs you to the Spectranet Selfcare official page. You will have to enter your username as well as your password. Enter your username and password and click on “Sign in.”
If you are a new Spectranet user, you will be required to put in the default username along with the password given to you when you bought your device at the spectranet office.
Once you log in, you’ll receive a notification to change your default password.
Go ahead and make the change so you can have access to the portal anytime. You can also change your username along with the password.
How To Subscribe
To subscribe for a plan, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your spectranet account.
- Go to your dashboard and Click “refill”. It is on the left sidebar of your dashboard.
- Next, you will see two options, Prepaid voucher and Webpay
- Using a Prepaid Voucher: You can purchase a prepaid voucher from a store. With your prepaid voucher, click on the “use prepaid voucher” option. This then takes you to a new page where you will enter the prepaid voucher pin.
- Refill your account using Webpay: This option takes you to a new page where you will have to enter the amount you intend to buy. You will also have to choose a currency (Naira is the default currency).
Click Submit, and it will take you to the Webpay portal to make payment.
- Once you are through filling your account, go back to your Account Overview page. Scroll down to where you see two options; renew your data plan with your current plan and with an entirely different plan.
How To Check Your Spectranet Data Balance
After you login into your self-care account, go to your dashboard and look through your account information. Scroll down to locate your spectranet data balance. It would be in this format 8:32:12 (GB: MB: KB). What this information means is that you have 8 GB, 32 MB and 12 KB of your data left to use.
Browse through your Spectranet self-help dashboard to get familiar with other options.
How To Unlock Spectranet Mifi M022t
If you want to unlock your Spectranet MiFi modem to use other sim cards on it, Follow the steps below to do so.
Firstly, make sure you have installed your Spectranet Modem drivers on your computer. Also, ensure it is up to date. To install these drivers, you can install the Huawei mobile partner along with the Hilink drivers. Note, Spectranet modem is a Huawei e5573 MiFi device. Most networks in Nigeria use this modem to provide the 4G network for their customers.
- Visit https://routerunlock.com/download-huawei-stick-utps-v200r003b015d11sp01c983-for-win10/ to download the Huawei Mobile partner. You can also download here: https://huawei-mobile-partner.en.lo4d.com/
- Unzip the file and then install the drivers on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Download the latest version of the Huawei Hilink drivers here: https://www.datafilehost.com/d/d35c3c52.
- Next, you have to also get the Huawei Hilink driver V5: https://www.datafilehost.com/d/a7f56ed9
- Unzip all the drivers and install each on your system. When the installation is complete, reboot your system. Restarting your system enables the drivers to load fully loaded.
- The next thing is to, get the Huawei E5573s-606 firmware version. You can download it here: https://www.datafilehost.com/d/fdd25d1a
- Download another second Huawei E5573s-320 firmware version. Get it here: https://www.datafilehost.com/d/3456a7ea.
- Now you have to download a Universal Master Code generator. Get it here https://www.datafilehost.com/d/b7a382bf.
- Next step is to get the Huawei Code Calculator. Download it here https://www.datafilehost.com/d/7fafa131.
- Once you have all of them, insert a different network sim card (one that is not supported by it) into your modem. Make sure you fully charge your modem.
- Using your USB cord, connect the modem to your system.
- Next, unzip and launch the Universal Master Code generator. Enter your modem’s IMEI of your modem into the field that requests for on the application. Hit the calculate tab and generate a flash code or password.
- Next, unzip the first Huawei E5573s-606 firmware version you downloaded earlier and run it. The name of the file should be “P711S-E5-update_21.110.99.03.00.exe.”
- A password will then be requested. Copy the flash code password you generated with the Universal Master Code generator earlier.
- At this point, the firmware should start automatically updating. Exercise a bit of patience until the process is complete.
- After completion, open and unzip the Huawei code calculator you downloaded earlier. Generate another unlock code by clicking on the “read” tab. The code will be displayed in the result field.
- Go to the second Huawei E5573s-320 firmware version that you also earlier downloaded. Unzip and run the setup. It should begin updating the firmware without needing a password. Again, be patient with the process.
- After completion, go to your Huawei mobile partner interface. Below the settings, choose network settings. Next, you will be prompted to insert your unlock code.
- Enter the unlock code you generated with the Huawei code calculator to unlock your modem successfully.
- Your device is now ready for use.